Re: Petition for Willie Revillame's Ouster

3 comments
I don't like Willie Revillame. I hate his diction first and foremost. My ears hurt when I listen to him, whether he's speaking in Filipino or English. I hate it when he cries on TV as if he feels for the plight of the contestants in Wowowee. I always think it's fake and all for show. I don't like the way he makes fun of people even if he means it all in jest just to make his noontime show more entertaining. You don't enliven a show at the expense of those people. I just don't like Willie Revillame. Period.

He is now once more in the center of controversies that made him decide to leave his hosting stints from Wowowee for the meantime. His booboo happened last week when he threw a fit on live television because of the live feed of Cory Aquino's funeral cortege being shown side by side his program. I do not like him but for once I felt he was right. What wasn't right though was the way he said the things he said. He ordered the live feed to be removed like he is the most powerful man in the world! It is a shame that a veteran in the industry like him acted on a whim like that when he should have known better to keep his cool and talk to the people concerned away from the cameras. His sudden outrage was simply unbelievable. Did he hope he will gain the sympathy of his thousands of fans?

I've read many commentaries saying he is nothing compared to Cory Aquino, and that he should be thankful for what Cory had done for the Phiippines. For me, that is going overboard already because there is no reason to compare the worth of two separate identities. On his own, Willie Revillame has this charm that makes a lot of our less fortunate countrymen believe in him. He gives them reason to hope, never mind if I don't believe in his sincerity. But if he could positively affect the lives of these so many people, then for me that's enough for him to stay in the business.

Willie Revillame is now receiving brutal lashing especially in the online world. There is an online petition that requests for his ouster. I'm not so sure if this public response is exaggerated. Maybe he should just be penalized for his rash actions and hopefully he will learn to tame his tongue.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 comments:

  • August 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM

    Hi sis! i also don't like revillame though my baby likes him or maybe just his songs. That incident in his show was really, I think, offensive. He could have said those lines off the air. He sounds so arrogant and seems like he does not know how to respect.

  • August 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

    I too don't like him. I don't like his humor, and yes, he sounds fake to me when he thinks he's sincere. He had a point when he said they shouldn't have shown Cory's live telecast alongside his show. But he shouldn't have said it in front of the camera. So disgusting of him.

  • August 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Anonymous :

    he is a piece of shit a real ugly shit on television. please chop him into pieces for all the people who died because of those shows of his and his fakeness and for all the women he sexually harassed and for those fellow Filipinos he made fool in his show sana sunungin niyo ng buhay ang impaktong yan

Post a Comment