Michael Jackson Dead at 50

0 comments

The death of Michael Jackson two days ago shocked the whole world. He died of cardiac arrest at the age of 50. I'm not a big fan compared to others I know who are still overwhelmed with the news and consoling themselves by listening nonstop to the music of the King of Pop. What is striking to me about his death however is about how the whole world is mourning. Never mind his child molestation cases, his $400 million debt or his facial evolutions (harhar!). But his music alone makes him iconic and deeply revered from all walks of life, for several decades now. Just how many people can make such a huge and lasting impact and touch the lives of billions of people through music and dancing?

Indeed, Michael Jackson stood out because of his unique style and charisma. I used to love watching his music videos because I like the synchronized steps and crotch-grabbing moves. The music video of Do You Remember The Time is most memorable to me. I could watch it over and over again and never get tired of it.

Michael Jackson dead at an early age is something I have always thought likely at the back of my mind. I can't imagine him old and wrinkled. But I never thought that a heart failure will take away his life. We just lost a musical genius and total performer, but we can be sure that his songs will reach up to many generations ahead of us.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment